Ph.D. Position in Public and Environmental Economics
The chair of Public Economics at the Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Basel, invites applications for a Ph.D. position in Public and Environmental Economics.
Starting in September 2021 or upon agreement.
You will have an opportunity to carry out innovative research as part of a dynamic team of Prof. Dr. Beat Hintermann. The main focus of the group is on empirical work, including field experiments. Current research areas include the effect of climate policy on firms, mobility, and electricity markets, but we are open for new project ideas. Much of our research is done in collaboration with partners in other universities in Switzerland and elsewhere.
The ideal candidate
- has a Master’s degree in Economics (or related disciplines) and has completed graduate-level courses in public and/or environmental economics.
- is interested in carrying out empirical research and has a solid foundation in econometrics
- does not give up easily and is willing to tackle difficult research questions
- is willing to collaborate with members of the research team in ongoing projects to build up his/her own research portfolio
- speaks and writes English very well. Knowledge of German is an advantage but not required.
We offer you
The position is funded for 4 years with an initial contract for 1 year. At the end of the first year, an assessment based on performance and a detailed research proposal for the PhD is made. In case of a positive assessment, the contract is expanded to 4 years. Conditions of employment and salary are governed by the personnel and salary regulations of the University of Basel.Application / Contact
Applications, including a curriculum vitae, a brief description of research interests, a transcript (MSc and BA), and a letter of support from a previous professor should be submitted via our online recruiting platform until June 15, 2021. Please note that applications via e-mail or postal mail will not be considered.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Hintermann (email@example.com).