PhD Student – all fields of Management
ESMT Berlin is the highest ranked business school in Germany and Top 10 in Europe. Founded by 25 leading global companies, ESMT offers master’s, MBA, and PhD programs, as well as executive education on its campus in Berlin, in locations around the world, and in online blended format. We strongly believe in cross-team collaboration to achieve our mission to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally and act responsibly.
ESMT Berlin is looking for PhD students (m/f/d) in all fields of management.
PhD students (m/f/d)
(part-time (50%) position, to start in September 2021, temporary contract for 2 years)
Your tasks include:
- Conduct independent research and in preparation of your own PhD dissertation
- Collaborate on research projects with the faculty of ESMT
- Contribute to the research activities at ESMT, i.e. design and execution of research projects, presenting results at national and international conferences, preparation of scientific publications
- Support ESMT faculty in the delivery of face to face and blended (online) courses
- Assist in the quality assurance of content and its development
- Provide live tutorial sessions as required
- Support faculty with grading and Master’s thesis supervision
You are qualified, because you:
- hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Management, Economics, Engineering or related fields with good grades
- have a strong interest in independently conducting rigorous research on new questions
- have documented excellent academic achievements and an interest in an academic career
- have a good knowledge of quantitative methods, a good command of statistical software packages such as Stata, and an interest in learning new research methods
That is what we can offer you:
- Integrated structured training curriculum of scientific and professional skills taught in English
- Comprehensive training and mentoring program
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Doctoral student payment of 2083,- EUR/month (20 hours)
- Financial support for attending conferences and research collaborations
ESMT offers a very collegial and international environment with employees from more than 35 different countries. We encourage a self-driven attitude and contributions with meaningful and lasting impact. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, our programs, and our community. You will work on our campus in the heart of Berlin-Mitte in one of Europeans most exciting cities with reasonable living costs.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application via the online application form. We start to review applications from 16th of May, 2021, but also consider applications submitted after this date. Your application should include:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) describing your motivation for applying and including a short outline of your major research interests
- Copies of academic transcripts and other certificates with all individual grades that are relevant for the examination and final grade
- Two academic letters of recommendation
Human Resources Manager